Monday, February 14, 2011

As my hands curl up into painful fists................

Finally, finally, finally I have got the balance of the canvas up.  I stretched and pulled and crimped snaps until my hands literally stopped cooperating!  The guys who do this stuff for a living MUST have a better way than dumb ole me or they have forearms like Popeye.  I do still have some middle snaps to install across the windshield and side curtains but the temp dropped and was not getting any stretch out of the material anymore.  But thank God it is up!  I worked from the edges and corners to pull the canvas nice and tight, then installed snaps at these points and filled in between these "tension points".  This system seemed to work really well and I did leave some off because I think with some warm weather and sunshine I can get the eisenglass just right....nice and smooth.

BUT,  as any good boat owner will tell you once we seem to ascend to the top of one mountain just over the horizon there is another peak to climb.  My new one is my generator is not cooperating.  She runs and purrs like a kitten but I am not getting power at the panel.  I have looked to see if I have a breaker tripped but did not see one so I am off to the internet for answers and ideas! Anyone? Anyone?

Well,  at least I do not have to have as good of hand control or feeling in my fingers to solve this problem! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment